- Become independent and learn how to make bookings, check your account balance and make payments all from the comfort of your own home
- Enjoy financial ease of mind and receive guidance on how to apply for Universal Credit
- Get the most out of your lesson by exploring our other topics such as Computer Basics, Creating a CV and Finding Work Online
You will be able to:
- Set up you first Email account
- Stay in touch with family and friends through emails and social media
- Get Connected online, surf the web and use the Internet to search for information
This course will provide help you understand how the internet can benefit you, each lesson will be tailored to your needs. Explore a range of topics and skills to help you stay connected and informed. Better understand what your device can do for you and begin your online journey, become confident in your digital skills today!
You should also be aware of the essentials of computer security to keep your data and personal information safe.
You can start up and shut down a computer, use a mouse, keyboard (or other equivalent input/output devices).
You can open a word processing program (like Microsoft Word for windows) and use it to create and save documents.
You can re-open documents and other files that you use or create, such as a letter or a spreadsheet.
You can create and organise folders on a computer.
You can connect a computer to the internet, using a browser to find and explore websites.
You can use email and attach documents to emails.
You can engage in simple activities like online discussion forums.
You can have a basic understanding of computer security issues e.g. using a virus checker.